Here at The ARTS Project (TAP), residency is not just about access to studio space – it is much more. Residency is about community, growth, and strengthening our engagement with our audience. Our Artists in Residence participate in annual exhibits, programs and studio visits. They contribute their skills to help strengthen TAP’s mission. Click here to read about our Resident Artists.
Our studios are located on the 2nd and 3rd floors. Artist studios have 24/7 access, good light, heat and air conditioning, access to wash-up sinks and washrooms. Studio rates vary and residencies are renewed annually based on individual needs, growth and contribution to our arts community. Artists at all stages of their career can apply.
“My studio is an extension of my practice. My residencies at TAP helped shape the artist I am today.” – Angie Quick, TAP Resident Artist
TAP is a creative community and our artists are an extension of who we are and what we do. They are passionate about the arts community and what they can contribute to enhance artistic experiences. Residencies at TAP look beyond the physical studio space – they are an opportunity to engage, participate, mentor and collaborate.
“The ARTS Project is key to London’s identity. We are such a cultural city and yet we often work away in our silos – The ARTS Project breaks that down and invites everyone in. There is always something new to experience.” – Rob Nelson, TAP Resident Artist
Does a residency at TAP sounds right for you? To apply, please complete the following:
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Portfolio of recent work (8-12 images). Your image list needs to include title, medium, dimension, year. Images should be in JPG format.
- A PDF or Word document responding to the following questions:
- How would a residency at TAP support your studio practice at this time in your career?
- What type of work or project would you like to complete during your residency?
- How do you see yourself getting involved in the programs or community at TAP?
Are you a recent graduate interested in a residency at The ARTS Project? Apply to our Emerging Artists Studio Program!