Current Job Opportunity:
Volunteer and Event Coordinator
TAP (formerly known as The ARTS Project) is at the centre of creativity in London, supporting emerging and developing theatre, visual and performing artists. Our doors are open for artists and the public to overlap, participate and experience how creativity can transform and enrich us and our community.
Featuring a gallery, black-box theatre, multi-use workshop space, and 10 resident artist studios all within our heritage building, TAP provides a unique space where the community can tap into creativity.
Currently, TAP is seeking a dynamic individual to assist with the daily functions of a charitable not-for-profit organization. The main responsibility of this staff member is to provide impressive customer and client experience through the supervision of front-of-house operations, volunteer management and recruitment, and the facilitation of bookings and special events.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in an administrative or management related field plus one year of experience or a minimum of three years administrative or management experience in a not-for-profit organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required with careful attention to detail is essential.
- Volunteer management, event planning, stage management or related experience is an asset.
- Strategic approach to event facilitation with outstanding planning and organizational skills.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to diversity and inclusion, including demonstrated experience working successfully with individuals diverse in age, culture, gender, sexual identity and abilities.
- Passion for and understanding of London’s cultural community.
Hours: 30 – 35 hours per week, includes evening, daytime and weekend shifts
Salary: $15 to $16 per hour based on experience
If you are looking for a position that allows you to play a role in fostering a thriving cultural community, please apply with a cover letter highlighting your qualifications, a current resume, and the name and contact information for at least two references.
Please send your application to Sandra at email@example.com by Monday September 10, 2018 with “Volunteer and Event Coordinator” in the Subject Line.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the search will continue until the position is filled. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview, so please no phone calls. TAP Centre for Creativity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring barrier-free employment practices and creating an inclusive environment.